Eliminating production process problems which arise due to disruptions in the exchange of data via PROFIBUS is a very complex task. Unnecessarily long downtimes also result in high costs. The correct installation of PROFIBUS components is the first step for an undisturbed communication. Additionally, a structured approach to identifying errors can help eliminate avoidable downtimes, increase communication stability and thus prevent future problems.
Softing's PROFIBUS Competence Center, which is certified by PROFIBUS International (PI), offers practical training which provides a compact introduction to the basics of PROFIBUS. The training concerns all aspects of a correct PROFIBUS installation and focuses on the physical and logical analysis of a PROFIBUS network. Mobile analysis tools such as PROFIBUS Tester 5 and TH-LINK-PB are used for this task. On top, the training includes the examen to become Certified PROFIBUS Installer
- Basic elements of PROFIBUS DP and PA
- Device types
- Correct cabling, configuration and commissioning
- Communication process
- Physical analysis of DP and PA networks
- General statements on the bus state (“Is the bus stable?“)
- Reliable detection and elimination of physical problems
- Creation of an acceptance certificate
- Logical analysis of PROFIBUS communication
- Analysis of PROFIBUS frames and diagnostics
- Correction/optimization of PROFIBUS parameters and baud rate
- Use of filters / triggers to identify sporadic errors
- EMC compliant installation and grounding concepts
- Detection and elimination of EMC problems
- Prevention of EMC issues already during project planning and configuration
The training is tailored to engineers and technicians whose job is to install and maintain PROFIBUS networks.
This course has been developed especially for those people responsible for ensuring robust communication to guarantee a smooth production process.
Basic experience with PROFIBUS.
The price includes the training, course materials, refreshments during breaks and lunch.
On a third day we provide the examination to become a Certified PROFIBUS Installer with an official certification document provided by PI International.
For 5 or more participants at different times for Trainings in the Softing Training Center, we offer you special conditions.
Please contact us!
1.275 € plus VAT