PC–Series: Differential Pressure Controllers
7641 N. Business Park Drive
85743 Tucson, AZ
Tel 520 290-6060
- Fast & accurate. Custom valve sizing and PID tuning ensure controllers reach pressure setpoints in milliseconds and maintain control with NIST-traceable accuracy to ±0.125% of full scale.
- Versatile control. Control absolute or gauge pressure anywhere in your system, including areas where you cannot easily install a full pressure controller. Plumb the pressure port downstream for pressure or vacuum control, or upstream for back pressure control.
- Easy integration. Custom process ports and electrical connectors, and your choice of EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNet, Profibus, PROFINET, Modbus (RTU and TCP/IP), or serial communications for easy integration into your industrial process.
Differential PC-Series performance (most products)
- Available full-scale ranges: 2 inH₂O to 500 PSID
- Steady state control range: 0.01% – 100% of full scale
- Standard accuracy calibration, NIST-traceable: ±0.25% of full scale
- Optional high-accuracy calibration, NIST-traceable: ±0.125% of full scale
- Repeatability: 0.08% of full scale
- Typical control response time: as fast as 30 ms
- Warm-up time: <1 s
Differential PC-Series operating conditions
- Compatible gases: All non-corrosive gases
- Operating temperature: –10°C to +60°C
- Max common mode pressure: 200 PSIG (750 PSIG for 500 PSID models)
- Burst pressure: 3x full scale (1.5x full scale for 500 PSID devices)
Included with each device
- User changeable units of measurement: Change the unit of measurement for pressure from our extensive list of engineering units.
- Monochrome backlit LCD with integrated touchpad: Easily read measurements using the backlit display and control configurations with the user-friendly integrated touchpad.
- User adjustable setpoint ramping & limits: Configurable ramp rates allow the process variable to be controlled as fast or as slow as desired, and configurable setpoint limits protect processes from inadvertent setpoint changes.
- Valve close override and valve open override: Utilize alarms to quickly vent your system or stop all flow as needed.
Build and performance options
- Communication protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU or TCP/IP, PROFIBUS, PROFINET
- Displays: Backlit monochrome or color; integrated or panel–mount
- Process connections: NPT, SAE, AN, BSPP/G, compression, VCR, or VCO fittings
- Elastomers: Viton, FFKM, EPDM, Silicone
- Calibration: High-accuracy; custom calibration points
- Aggressive gas compatibility: Models with wetted materials compatible with many pure corrosive gases and most refrigerant gases, in addition to all non-corrosive gases and a variety of liquids also available.
Valve options & PID tuning
Your pressure controller may be customized with one of the following valving options to ensure optimal performance under your expected process conditions.
- PC – small proportional control valve for flow ranges of 20 slpm and below
- PC with PCA designation – high-performance proportional control valve used for applications with higher pressures
- PCP – small proportional control valve with the largest orifice (not available for corrosive configurations)
- PCH – hammerhead configuration, which pairs two small valves working side-by-side as one valve
- PCR – nearly frictionless large Rolamite proportional valve for flow rates of 50 slpm and above
Custom PID valve tuning ensures maximum performance for your specific process conditions.