Whisper™ MW–Series: Low Pressure Drop Mass Flow Meters
7641 N. Business Park Drive
85743 Tucson, AZ
Tel 520 290-6060
Whisper devices are built for processes with little available inlet pressure or a large amount of back pressure. These devices have a larger flow body and uniquely arranged laminar flow elements, resulting in pressure drops up to 10x lower than standard devices. Whisper instruments also utilize a much more sensitive pressure sensor package to take full advantage of the lower pressure readings.
- Full scale ranges: 0.5 SCCM to 1,000 SLPM
- Measurement range: 0.01% – 100% of full scale
- Accuracy: ±0.75% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
- Optional high-accuracy: ±0.6% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
- Repeatability: 0.1% of reading and 0.02% of full scale
- Response time: 127 ms
- Operating temperature: –10°C to +60°C
- Full scale operating pressure: 60 PSIA (4.1 barA)
- Simultaneously measure volumetric flow, mass flow, gas pressure, and gas temperature.
- Field-adjustable engineering units and STP/NTP conditions.
- Select process gas from 98+ preloaded NIST-traceable gas calibrations.
- Define and store 20 custom gas mixtures of up to 5 constituent gases.
- Read measurements from the backlit display and control configuration using the integrated touchpad.
- Optional integrated dual flow totalizers and alarms.
Build and performance options
- Communication: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Profibus, PROFINET
- Process connections: NPT, SAE, AN, BSPP/G, compression, VCR, VCO
- Displays: Backlit monochrome or color; integrated or panel–mount; none
- Elastomers: FKM, FFKM, EPDM, Silicone
- Calibration: Standard or high-accuracy; custom calibration points
Aggressive gas compatibility: Models with wetted materials compatible with many pure corrosive gases and most refrigerant gases, in addition to all non-corrosive gases and a variety of liquids are also available.