PC3–Series: Absolute and Gauge Pressure Controllers with Remote Sensing
7641 N. Business Park Drive
85743 Tucson, AZ
Tel 520 290-6060
- Fast & accurate. Custom valve sizing and PID tuning ensure controllers reach pressure setpoints in milliseconds and maintain control with NIST-traceable accuracy to ±0.125% of full scale.
- Versatile control. Control absolute or gauge pressure anywhere in your system, including areas where you cannot easily install a full pressure controller. Plumb the pressure port downstream for pressure or vacuum control, or upstream for back pressure control.
- Easy integration. Custom process ports and electrical connectors, and your choice of EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNet, Profibus, PROFINET, Modbus (RTU and TCP/IP), or serial communications for easy integration into your industrial process.
Absolute/gauge PC3-Series performance (most products)
- Available full scale ranges:
- Absolute: max 0–3000 PSIA; min 0–15 PSIA
- Gauge: max 0–3000 PSIG; min 0–0.07 PSIG (2 inH₂O)*
- Steady state control range: 0.01% – 100% of full scale
- Standard accuracy calibration, NIST-traceable: ±0.25% of full scale
- Optional high-accuracy calibration, NIST-traceable: ±0.125% of full scale
- Repeatability: 0.08% of full scale
- Typical control response time: as fast as 30 ms
- Warm-up time: <1 s
*Negative gauge pressure readings (to –15 PSIG) can also be included in gauge ranges.
Absolute/gauge PC3-Series operating conditions
- Compatible gases: All non-corrosive gases
- Operating temperature: –10°C to +60°C
- Burst pressure: 3x full scale (1.5x full scale for 500 to 3000 PSI devices)
Included with each device
- User changeable units of measurement: Change the unit of measurement for pressure from our extensive list of engineering units.
- Monochrome backlit LCD with integrated touchpad: Easily read measurements using the backlit display and control configurations with the user-friendly integrated touchpad.
- User adjustable setpoint ramping & limits: Configurable ramp rates allow the process variable to be controlled as fast or as slow as desired, and configurable setpoint limits protect processes from inadvertent setpoint changes.
- Valve close override and valve open override: Utilize alarms to quickly vent your system or stop all flow as needed.
Build and performance options
- Communication protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU or TCP/IP, PROFIBUS, PROFINET
- Displays: Backlit monochrome or color; integrated or panel–mount
- Process connections: NPT, SAE, AN, BSPP/G, compression, VCR, or VCO fittings
- Elastomers: Viton, FFKM, EPDM, Silicone
- Calibration: High-accuracy; custom calibration points
- Aggressive gas compatibility: Models with wetted materials compatible with many pure corrosive gases and most refrigerant gases, in addition to all non-corrosive gases and a variety of liquids also available.
Valve options & PID tuning
Your pressure controller may be customized with one of the following valving options to ensure optimal performance under your expected process conditions.
- PC3 – small proportional control valve for flow ranges below 20 SLPM
- PC3 with PCA designation – high-performance proportional control valve used for applications with higher pressures
- PCP3 – small proportional control valve with the largest orifice (not available for corrosive configurations)
- PCH3 – hammerhead configuration, which pairs two small valves working side-by-side as one valve
- PCR3 – nearly frictionless large Rolamite proportional valve for flow rates of 20 SLPM and above
Custom PID valve tuning ensures maximum performance for your specific process conditions.